The Seesaw Center is a nonprofit indoor play center for children of all abilities, from infancy through kindergarten age. Open to all communities, The Seesaw Center offers parents and caregivers a safe and fun place to take children to play during the long winter months. It is a great place for parents and caregivers to spend true quality time with their children. A wide variety of unique toys provide wonderful stimulation for all children. Open from September through May.
“It is a happy talent to know how to play.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
It is a great place for parents and caregivers to spend true quality time with their children. A wide variety of unique toys provides wonderful stimulation for all children.
The Seesaw Center is a large room offering creative play opportunities in a variety of developmental themes:
- Imaginative play including a dress-up area, kitchen area and marketplace.
- Gross motor skill development areas with climbers, tunnels and slides, mini-basketball hoops and large blocks.
- Sensory exploration with a rice table, felt boards, Lego’s® and wooden trains.
- Reading and pre-academic learning through play with puppets, telephones, puzzles, counting and sorting activities.
- Separate matted area within the room just for pre-walkers. This is especially helpful for parents with multiple children.