The Seesaw Center’s highest priority is to create a safe environment for young children to play. In order for us to open safely and to remain open during the winter months, we need to remain proactive in protecting not only our staff, but the youngest members of our community. Our plan for creating and maintaining a safe playspace for the 2022-2023 operating season is outlined below. The Seesaw Center also reserves the right to change or adapt the safety plan throughout the operating year as we closely monitor the recommendations from the CDC and the Pennsylvania Department of Health. Any changes will be communicated both on our website and social media channels. We ask that all parents and caregivers respect the decisions that the Seesaw Center’s Board of Directors has approved.
Items in BOLD are requirements for entry and use of the Seesaw Center
- To protect our children, including those under age 2 who cannot wear a mask, the Seesaw Center strongly encourages vaccination for all people who are eligible. COVID-19 vaccines available in the United States are effective at protecting people – especially those who are boosted – from getting seriously ill, being hospitalized, and dying. As with other diseases, you are protected best from COVID-19 when you stay up to date with the recommended vaccines.
- Proof of vaccination is not required for entry.
- The Seesaw Center’s employees are fully vaccinated.
- Effective September 2022, the Seesaw Center is transitioning to a masks recommended policy for all people ages 2 and older. We fully support visitors and staff who wish to wear masks, and masks are available upon request.
- The Seesaw Center will follow guidelines, orders, etc. from the CDC, Pennsylvania Governor’s Office, Pennsylvania Department of Health, and the Allegheny County Health Department regarding the use of face coverings for employees, members, and guests.
- Keep doors open whenever possible. Note that a child safety gate must be placed across the back door (next to rice table area) whenever open.
- Use portable air cleaner with HEPA filter during operating hours.
- All employees, members, and guests must wash hands or apply hand sanitizer upon entry, after use of the restroom or diaper changing, and after eating.
- Wash hands or apply hand sanitizer regularly throughout the visit.
- Hand sanitizers should be stored up, away, and out of sight of young children and should be used only with adult supervision for children under 6 years of age.
Toy and surface sanitization
- Employees will regularly sanitize surfaces, light switches, non-fabric toys and equipment.
- Fabric toys such as dress up clothes will be rotated daily and washed weekly.
- Parents or caregivers are asked to promptly put any toys that a child places in his or her mouth in the “yuck” bin to be sanitized.
- Clorox wipes will be available throughout the center for parents or caregivers to use
- The employee on duty reserves the right to cap entrance to the Center if appropriate physical distance cannot be maintained. If occupancy limits have been reached it will be communicated on the Seesaw Center facebook page.
- The number of members able to attend special events such as Center-hosted parties may be limited.
Staying home when sick and getting tested
- Employees, members, and guests should stay home if they are sick, have tested positive for COVID-19 or are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test.
- Employees, members, and guests are required to wear a high-quality mask if they were exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the past 10 days and do not have symptoms.
Cleaning and disinfecting
- Parents / guardians must clean and disinfect the changing table and eating surfaces after every use.
- Clean high-touch surfaces at least once a day.
- Parents / guardians are asked to wipe down toys and surfaces after their children have played with them whenever possible.
- Any toys that have been in a child’s mouth should be placed in the dirty toy bin.
- If someone who has COVID-19 has been in the facility in the last 24 hours all surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected.